This is a version of WMMail that includes the support for Sylpheed taken from the GKrellM plugin Mailwatch. The home page of WMMail used to be at http://www.eecg.utoronto.ca/ ~chanb/ WMMail.app/, but it seems to have been removed.
This version was submitted to the Debian package maintainer, but it hasn't been accepted yet. If you use it, please tell him whether it worked for you or not, by using the email address in the package web page.
The licence for this program is the GNU General Public Licence (GPL).
- Complete source of the modified Debian package, version 0.64-7 or 0.64-11.
To compile, unpack with "tar zxf wmmail-0.64-11-sylpheed_20040218_0136.tgz", go into the directory with "cd wmmail-0.64-11-sylpheed", become root with "su" (you should check the changes from the standard source package), and build the debian package with "debian/rules binary".
The package will be created in the parent directory, and you can install it with dpkg in the usual way.
Since the Debian changelog isn't modified, apt-get will overwrite this version each time you upgrade.
- Patch for the Debian source package version 0.64-11, pending application of autoconf and automake. I've made it this way to keep it as small as possible and thus facilitate its inspection. After applying it, you must run "autoconf", then "automake", and then you can build the binary package with "debian/rules binary" as usual.
- Patch for the original source distribution of version 0.64 by Brian Chen.
It's made from the sources for wmmail 0.64-7. (Updated for 0.64-11)
The files I've added are:
- src/sylpheed.h - s/MH_/SYLPHEED_/
- src/sylpheed.c - different implementation of "count_mail()". At first I was integrating it into mh.c, but it seemed to me that the result was getting too messy, so I took it to another file.
The files I've modified are:
- configure.in - Added option for SYLPHEED_SUPPORT.
- debian/WMMail.1 - Added missing semicolon in MH folder example, section for Sylpheed, and credits to GKrellM for it. Date set to "01 Feb 2003".
- src/Makefile.am - Added "sylpheed.c" and "sylpheed.h".
- src/config.h.in - Added "@SYLPHEED_SUPPORT@".
- src/properties.c - Added management of SYLPHEED_SUPPORT.
- src/wmmail.c - Added management of SYLPHEED_SUPPORT.
- src/wmmail.h - Added management of SYLPHEED_SUPPORT, inserted TYPE_SYLPHEED at (1<<2) to be next to TYPE_MH, and shifted the following ones accordingly.
- ChangeLog - Added entry for this version.
I haven't modified the Debian changelog, since that would be done by the package maintainer if he accepts this modification.
Messages in the Sylpheed mailing list
Another mention of WMMail: